Butternut Squash and Apricot Brownie
BY JENNY TSCHIESCHE BSc(Hons) Dip (ION) FdSc BANT
- 190g frozen butternut squash chunks - roasted for 10 mins in the oven at 180 degrees centigrade (fan assisted) or steamed until soft
- 90g coconut oil
- 120g maple syrup
- 70g dried unsulphured apricots, finely chopped
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 100g gluten free flour (plain)
- 40g cacao powder
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 50g chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees centigrade (fan assisted).
- In a food processor blend the cooked butternut squash, coconut oil, maple syrup, apricots, and vanilla extract.
- In a bowl combine the dry ingredients - flour, cacao powder and bicarbonate of soda. Pour this into the processor and continue blending.
- Finally, fold in the beaten egg and walnuts.
- Pour into a greased and lined 20 cm x 20 cm baking pan. Bake for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven the leave to cool before slicing into 9 portions and serving.